Sharing with you all my own slow cooker chili recipe today – a true and tested yummy recipe! This is super easy and you don’t even have to know how to cook to make it (like me). Alex was there along the way to help me and give me tips to make this slow cooker chili recipe the best one yet!
PREP TIME: 15 – 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 8hrs on low & 4hrs on high
SERVINGS: 6 – 8 (depending on how hungry you are)
- 1lb. ground meat – we used beef, but you can use turkey or chicken, just make sure the fat ratio is the greatest you can find
- 1 small onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 large carrots or 3-4 small carrots
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 – 2 cans of tomato sauce based on the size of your slow cooker – Alex suggest San Marzano tomatoes since they taste the best
- If you want your chili to be soupier, use 1 can tomato sauce & 1 can water
- 2 cans of your choice of beans (kidney, pinto, black, etc) – we went with a balance of all 3
- 1 can corn
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 3 tsp of chili powder
- more if you like it spicier
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 3 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
- not necessary but makes it taste a lot better
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat up a pan (best if it’s a cast iron pan) over medium to high heat put your choice of ground meat when your pan is heated stir every once in a while to break up the meat but DO NOT drain the grease/water per Alex’s instructions, your meat will be able to crisp up more if you keep the grease in the pan and let it evaporate…the meat will naturally use its own oils to "fry" in the pan you will know when the meat is done with the meat is brown and the liquid in the pan is gone add a pinch of salt to your meat to make it more flavorful
- While your meat is cooking on the pan, wash your carrots & celery dice carrots, celery, onions and garlic up you can brown up the onions on the pan after the meat is done for some extra flavor
- Drain all your canned beans & corn rinse with water (you do not know how long those beans have been sitting in that water!)
- Throw everything into your slow cooker (meat, veggies, beans, spices, tomato sauces) cover & cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
And that’s all there is to this slow cooker chili recipe! You can easily alter this recipe to your taste by adding more or less spices. This is soo yummy and I am craving it as I am writing this right now! You can serve it with rice for more substance or some baguette bread. And don’t forget the cheese on top!
A million and one thanks for reading — until my next lil’ thought then!
The post Slow Cooker Chili Recipe appeared first on lil' thoughts with jen.