Finding new products that are a more natural solution to something I’m already doing is a bit of an obsession for me lately. I love seeing what other items people are trying as well and I go off of recommendations a lot when researching a new product. In that sprit, I thought I would share with you guys some of my favorite new natural items since I know a lot of you are just as excited about that stuff as I am! Here’s what’s at the top of my "you’ve got to try this!" list right now …
1. I probably pull out a stain spray at least once a day if not more than that, and right now I love this one. I tend to spill some of everything I’m cooking/eating on myself and we have a 9-month-old and cats, so there’s always something to try and clean up. I actually just went off of all the good Amazon reviews it had when looking for a new spray and it’s pretty much gotten out every stain I’ve tried it on so far! I was going to say the only stain exception so far were fresh blackberries ground into one of Lola’s shirts during a lunch, but I just got the shirt out of the wash and the dark stains are basically gone now so never mind on that one!
2. This skin elixir is my favorite beauty item by far right now! It’s amazingly light (you can use it after toning and under your makeup) and it smells abso-freaking-loutely divine! Look at the ingredient list; no wonder I feel like I’m on a beach in Hawaii every time I use it!
3. Another daily beauty item I’ve been loving is this vegan eyeshadow palette. That minky color on the top right has become my everyday shadow and the darker shade below it is perfect for crease definition as well. They are mostly matte looking, which is great for everyday use since it doesn’t look too glitzy for a Tuesday afternoon.
4. I’m trying to get better and better about switching out reusable options for disposable ones and these sheets are amazing to use in place of plastic wrap and foil. They coat cotton squares with sustainably harvested beeswax, organic jojoba oil, and tree resin and the warmth of your hands helps mold the sheets to wrap and seal up items like a half eaten avocado or sandwich or to cover the top of a bowl in the fridge. They may seem a little pricy but they last for about a year, so they have a pretty good shelf life.
5. Speaking of reusable options, we do cloth diapering (you can read more about our routine here) and I was wanting to try reusable wipes as well at some point, and I finally took the plunge this month. We use these for the actual wipes and this for a plant-derived wipe solution, and I was surprised at how quickly I liked the new system. It didn’t really feel like much more work at all than using the disposable. We just throw the wipes in the wash with the cloth diapers and spray a clean cloth with the wipe solution before using. Wish I had started this sooner!
6. Ok, technically this isn’t a new item I just discovered, but I forgot about this nail polish for a while and just started using it again, remembering that it really is one of my top faves. My main nail polish requirement (besides being free of the main nail polish toxins) is that it dries relatively fast, since I’m a working mom who rarely gets a few minutes to just sit still and this one dries fast and is a 7-free polish as well. That Pink Moon color is my favorite shade of pale pink—perfect for all occasions!
7. So, I’m 32 and I think I just found my favorite toothpaste I’ve ever tasted! I love that the ingredient list is super short and this toothpaste is free of foaming agents, fluoride, glycerin and it uses a few different essential oils to create this amazing citrus flavor. If you haven’t used a natural toothpaste before without a foaming agent, then the thinner consistency is something you have to get used to. But my teeth feel so clean when I’m done and like I said, it tastes amazing! They have several other flavors as well that I want to try.
There you go! I hope at least one of these items is a good find for you as well! Let me know if you have a favorite item in one of these categories as well. I’d love to hear about it! xo. Laura
Credits//Author and Photography: Laura Gummerman. Photos edited with A Color Story Desktop.